Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Congratulations to ME!

K so usually I am not this cocky. haha. But, the photo I took of the little statue man and flower was one of the Photos of the week in my photography class. I was sooo excited to get that! It made me very happy as you can tell, so I decided to write about it. I turned in my assignment for today too. I doubt it wins photo of the week or anything, but it was cool to learn the custom white balance thing with the white paper and see how much better it really looked. Why not get it right the first time so you don't have to spend (or waste) all that time editing in photoshop. Blah! yayayayay. The end. 
As you can see, the preset settings on the camera don't always get the job done right. Hopefully I don't get lazy and I always at least try the custom WB. 
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TARALEE TRUMAN!!! What a fabulous little lady she is. Hope you have a wondrous day and I'm sooo excited that you bought your camera today. We are going to have so much fun shooting together. :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You deserve it! You ARE a great photographer after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot woot!! That's awesome. I Love that picture you took of the statue. And for people who don't know a lot, I think it is a great visual of the differences with the different blurs.

    And THANKS for such a slamming (and very big font) of a happy birthday :) I LOVE IT! Yes I had a good birthday. I'm so excited about my camera. I'll call you the second I get it :) Not that you have to drop everything, but just so you know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please do!!! I wanna know. And probably will drop everything. ;) hahaha.

    ReplyDelete